Tuesday, January 25, 2005

 

Words of Wisdom

This letter from 84-year-old Adrienne McCalley is proof that we should listen to our elders, who know best (and see things clearly):
"I AM an 84-year-old tenth generation American and I am frightened. I'm frightened of the disastrous possibilities that now lie ahead of us with four more years of George W. Bush.

I'm frightened that an administration showing some aspects of an oligarchy combined with an appeal to religous fervor has been embraced by so many Americans.

I'm frightened that these patriotic but confused Americans seem unable to differentiate between simplistic stubborness and genuine leadership strength in assessing Bush's leadership.

I am frightened that for four more years we are locked in with a president who has a very undistinguished personal record: He is rumored to be a grade C student. He is the recipient of a drunk driving charge. He was an alcoholic until age 40. Bush's record appears to be one of low achievement.

I am frightened that so many voters willingly accepted this man's mediocrity and failed to see that the real George W. Bush stood up in that first debate.

I am very frightened of what havoc can be wrought in so many areas during four more years of President Bush."


Boston.com / News / Boston Globe / Opinion / Letters / Four more years: I'm frightened



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?