Tuesday, May 03, 2005

 

Don Williams at the Laurel Theater

Back in February, Don Williams alluded in his News Sentinel column that he had been asked by his editor, Jack McElroy, to write more about local issues and less about national affairs (roughly interpreted as "Hey, cut the Bush-bashing, pal"). I sent Mr. Williams and his editor a little email supporting the value of Don's point of view, and apparently I made it onto Don's bulk email list which he uses occasionally to promote books, writing workshops, etc.

This morning, I received this:
fyi... at 7 p.m. Thursday at Laurel Theater, I'll be reading and signing copies of my new book, "Heroes, Sheroes and Zeroes--The Best Writings About People" by Don Williams (moi). I'll doubtlessly touch on the humorous and highly exaggerated controversy regarding my column and editors at the NS. Public is invited. Munchies served. $1 donation accepted at the door by the Knoxville Writers Guild. Thanks for your past support.

All my best,

Don

Could be interesting...

Don's "Change in Direction" column, 2/4/05



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?