Saturday, August 27, 2005

 

Don Williams still taking some heat

I received an interesting email from Don Williams, the clear-minded columnist over at the Knoxville "News" Sentinel. The lack of apostrophes seems to indicate some urgency:

In the past you’ve expressed support for my columns that run in the Knoxville News-Sentinel. I’m emailing now to ask a favor. Would you please google Knoxnews.com, click on “Opinion,” then scroll down and click on my column, which ran yesterday. Here's a direct link It’ll be headlined something like “Williams: Invasion: Contingency for Polls?” (I didn’t write that headline by the way). To the right you’ll see an opportunity to vote on whether you agree or disagree. I’d appreciate it if you would take the time to vote. Some of my opponents who vote week after week and rally opposition to me leave really nasty personal comments every Friday. Even if you disagree with the column, I still appreciate your taking the time to read. Should you take the further step of writing a letter to the editor, please copy me, as that lets them know that I know you sent it.

All my best,

Don


After being "asked" back in February by the conservative ownership of the "News" Sentinel to tone it down on national politics, Don really hasn't backed off too much. Hopefully he's not about to get the ax.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?